Policies and Procedures
- Cayman Learning Centre (CLC or School) endeavors to keep your child safe and will take reasonable efforts to ensure their safety. We require all students remain inside the centre until parent/ guardian’s arrival unless otherwise agreed in writing by primary caregiver (s).
- Adhere to the guidelines outlined in our Student Protection Policy, Special Education Policy and Code of Conduct Policies. These documents are available upon request.
- The parent or guardian is responsible for promptly notifying CLC of any change in contact numbers, addresses, or person pick-up information.
- From time to time, photos or videos may be taken of students. These photos will be used for promotional purposes only. Parents have right to opt out of this condition by notifying us in writing or crossing out this condition and initialing to verify intention.
- CLC will be closed for business during all Public Holidays.
- We have a no nut policy. Please ensure that snacks do not contain any nuts.
Billing, Learning Session Booking and Collection
- All payments are due upfront for the year or monthly payments must be made by the first of each month.
- For monthly payments, CLC requires 10 post-dated cheques or the automated payment form filled out in full. Additional service charges may apply for monthly payments.
- CLC will issue monthly invoices on the last week of each month to take effect in the following month.
- The payment can be made by cash, debit card or cheque payable to Cayman Learning Centre.
- Tuition is delinquent if not paid by the dates indicated. If tuition is in arrears over the 5th of each month, an additional fee of $25.00 will be added each day until payment has been received. If the delinquent payment extends two weeks beyond the due date, CLC will begin to seek the advice of its legal counsel.
- If your child/children withdraw early, or is/are dismissed, you will be charged the monthly rate, starting in September, for each full month. In addition, there may be other charges for the cost of books, licensing fees, materials, and classroom time.
- CLC reserves the right to cancel and terminate this agreement at any time and without any further notice for failure on behalf of the parent or guardian and/or student to abide by any of the terms and conditions outlined herein.
- Learning programs are held even if the weather does not look agreeable. If it is necessary to cancel a class due to inclement weather, we will endeavor to advise you in advance.
- CLC will be closed if tropical storm warnings are issued by the Cayman Islands Government for the Grand Cayman area and reopen as soon as such warnings are discontinued.
Pick-up and Drop-off
- All learning sessions commence and end promptly at the pre-agreed time.
- We reserve the right to charge an additional fee for repeated lateness in pick-ups.
- CLC is not responsible for any lost or damaged property.
- CLC reserves the right to dismiss any student displaying symptoms of illness
- The parent or guardian is responsible for notifying CLC of any medication the student may be taking and of any changes in their medical condition.
- The welfare of the child is paramount, as enshrined in the Children Law (2012 Revision). If misconduct is suspected, we will enact our Child Protection Policy.
The Centre’s Code of Conduct
- Students must respect all of CLC’s staff members and follow all directions issued by our staff.
- Students must respect one another and maintain the level of cleanliness of CLC.
- Students will not deface any property. If such incident occurs, intentionally or not, the parent or guardian will be held responsible and billed accordingly for the replacement or restoration value of the damage caused by the student to the property in question.
- CLC will promptly contact and inform you of any violations of the above.
Reports & Re-enrollment
- All accounts must be current before students can:
- Re-enroll for the following school year.
- Obtain reports.
CLC reserves the right to issue updates and amend any of the above Terms and Conditions as it is deemed necessary.